IF THIS IS A MEDICAL EMERGENCY OR IMMEDIATE CRISIS, PLEASE CALL 9-1-1.
To speak with someone immediately from the Rape Crisis Helpline 24/7 call 1.866.828.7273.
An advocate from a Certified Rape Crisis Center can:
- Help you understand in greater detail many of the issues described in this website.
- Assure you that your reactions are a normal part of the response to the crime.
- Listen to your feelings and concerns.
- Help you understand and weigh your options.
- Be with you at appointments if you desire.
- Contact others on your behalf with your permission.
- Rape crisis centers are legally and ethically required to protect your confidentiality.
- Unless you specifically asked them in writing with your signature to release information about you, they will not.
- Anyone who has been the victim of a sexual crime needs compassion, sensitivity and caring. Understanding and coping with the feelings and issues resulting from the crime can be overwhelming and confusing.
- Services including helpline, crisis intervention, and advocacy are available to you free of charge from the Sexual Assault Assistance Program of the Treasure Coast and Okeechobee County.
Call 1-866-828-7273 for a referral to one of our local therapist or organizational partners.
If you are experiencing thoughts of suicide; verbal, physical or psychological abuse; or have any reason to be afraid, please call 2-1-1 for support and services.